Being Indians, we have a special place for our country in our hearts. It is also for the unique mix that India has to offer in terms of flora and fauna, its beaches and mountains, culture and languages, colours and cuisines. Whether you are an Indian or a tourist visiting India, you will be equally mesmerized by the variety and mix that you are going to get here. Being in India, we never miss an opportunity to pack our bags and leave for a trip. You too, don’t wait. Pack your bags and start exploring !!
Here are the places (state-wise) that we have explored and experienced in India. Please click on each place to read more about our experience there.
- Srinagar: i) Dal Lake Kashmir – Shikara Ride and Morning Vegetable Market ii) Pari Mahal Garden
- Yusmarg: i) Silent valley of Yusmarg, Kashmir ii) Trek to Nilnag Lake in Yusmarg
- Gurez Valley: i) Gurez Valley (Dawar and Tulail) Trip – Offbeat Kashmir ii) Srinagar to Gurez Bike Trip – Travel Tips
- Sonamarg: Kashmir Great Lakes Trek – Complete Photo Blog Day-wise Blogs i) Day 1: Shitkadi Base Camp ii) Day 2: Shitkadi to Nichnai Valley iii) Day 3: Nichnai to Vishnusar Lake iv) Day 4: Vishnusar Lake to Gadsar (Via Kisansar Lake and Gadsar Lake) v) Day 5: Gadsar to Satsar Lakes vi) Day 6: Satsar Lake to Gangbal Lake vii) Day 7: Gangabal Lake to Naranag
- Gulmarg: Gulmarg Gondola and Fascinating Snowfall
- Achabal: Achabal Mughal Gardens: A Royal Walk
- Chatpal: Chatpal and Thimran: Unexplored Beauty in Kashmirg
- Fun of travelling in Public Transport: Like a Local
- Bangalore: i) Cycling in Bangalore: Big Banyan Tree ii) Cycling in Bangalore: Hesaraghatta Lake iii) Pottery Town Bangalore iv) Aero India Show, Bangalore: Planes, Pilots and Thrill v) Rambo Circus Show, Bangalore vi) Ramanagara: Sholay Movie City vii) Bannerghatta National Park
- Badami: i) Exploring Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal Heritage trail: Day-1 ii) Exploring Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal Heritage trail: Day-2 iii) Hike from Badami Caves to Mahakuta Temples iv) Pattadakal Temples, Badami v) Aihole Temples, Badami
- Coorg: Bangalore to Coorg – Best in Rainy Season
- Hampi: i) Hampi: Temples, Ruins and Hippie Fun ii) Hampi Trip: 5 Things to take care iii) Hampi in monsoon: Rock and Roll !! iv) Vittala Temple: Iconic Stone Chariot of Hampi v) Virupaksha Temple Hampi vi) Lotus Mahal and Elephant Stable vii) Uddana Virabhadara and Chandikeshwara Temple viii) Underground Shiva Temple ix) Anjaneya Temple x) Maa Durga Temple in Anegundi xi) Chintamani Temple in Anegudi xii) Sanapur Lake
- Mysore: i) Mysore Dasara Festival (Mysuru Dussehra) ii) Mysore Dasara: 5 Things to take care iii) Mysore Museums
- Udupi: i) Udupi: Beautiful, Simple and Unexplored ii) Udupi Krishna Temple: Blissful and Divine iii) Maravanthe Beach & Souparnika River iv) Kapu Beach in Udupi v) St. Mary’s Islands in Udupi
- Alleppey: i) Nehru Trophy Snake Boat Race ii) Travel Guide for Nehru Trophy Boat Race iii) Krishnapuram Palace Museum
- Kochi: Kochi in a day!
- Kasargod: Kasaragod and Bekal Fort – Hidden gems of Kerala
- Munnar: Trek to Top Station Munnar from Kurangani
- Payyanur: Valiyaparamba & Payyanur – Unexplored Kerala backwaters
- Jaipur: i) Jantar Mantar, Jaipur ii) City Palace Jaipur iii) Hawa Mahal Jaipur iv) Morning Walk: Amer Fort to Jaigarh Fort
- Jaisalmer: i) Jaisalmer Trip: Fort, Havelis and Golden Desert ii) Jaisalmer Desert Festival: Colourful Rajasthan Culture
- Barmer: Climb to Devi Jogmaya Gadh Temple
- Rishikesh: i) Explore your soul and spirit in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand ii) Rishikesh River Rafting and Bungee Jumping: Day 1 iii) Rishikesh River Rafting and Bungee Jumping: Day 2
Festivals of India
- Aero Show: Aero India Show, Bangalore: Planes, Pilots and Thrill
- Kerala Boat Race: i) Nehru Trophy Snake Boat Race ii) Travel Guide for Nehru Trophy Boat Race
- Mysuru Dasara Festival: i) Mysore Dasara Festival (Mysuru Dussehra) ii) Mysore Dasara: 5 Things to take care
- Rajasthan Desert Festival: Jaisalmer Desert Festival: Colourful Rajasthan Culture
India Hotel Booking
You have many online websites where you can search and book hotels. We usually compare rates around and then book the best. Most of the times, we use booking.com as rates are reasonable and we need not pay till the point we land at hotel, so providing us flexibility till last minute cancellation.
We hope this helps you explore the unexplored in Incredible India. Please feel free to drop your comments below if you need any additional information of want to share more with fellow travellers. We usually respond to all comments within a day or two.
India Travel Guide
Now a days, all the information is easily available online, still we have a physical copy of Lonely Planet. With a physical copy, we get all info at one place and a good head-start to build on our research on that. Saves us time and efforts.