We back-packed across Thailand for 11 days. Usually, people head to the beaches of South but we decided to head to North Thailand to explore its beautiful mountains. After spending a day at Bangkok, we took a train to Chiang Mai and for next 1 week, we were on bike riding across famous Mae Hong Son Loop.
After Mae Hong Son Loop, we reached Sukhothai to delve into its history and ruins. And finally, we concluded our trip at the beaches of Pattaya.
We have captured our trip through our blogs here. Hope this helps you to plan your trip better. Please feel free to drop us a comment in case you need any additional information. Please click on the name to check each post.
Plan your Thailand Trip
- Thailand Visa for Indians – Visa Types, Fees and How to Apply
- Thailand Bus Booking and Travel Tips
- How to get from Don Mueang Airport to Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station/Mo Chit BTS/Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangkok: i) One Day Trip Itinerary ii) Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market iii) Wat Pho Reclining Buddha Temple iv) Pak Khlong Flower Market v) Bangkok-Chiang Mai Train Journey
A motorcycle trip across famous Mae Hong Son Loop is the best way to explore North Thailand. You will be thrilled by mesmerizing natural beauty and your soul will emerge rejuvenated as you would drive from one place to another soaking yourself into the unique experiences of Thai Culture, Cuisines and Colours
- Mae Hong Son Loop: i) Mae Hong Son Motorbike Trip Guide ii) 7-Day Mae Hong Son Loop Itinerary iii) Tips for Renting Motorbike for Mae Hong Son Loop iv) 10 Offbeat Things to do in North Thailand/Mae Hong Son Loop
- Chiang Mai: i) One Day Trip Itinerary ii) Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Mountain Temple iii) Wat Chedi Luang Varavihara – Big Stupa Temple iv) Wat Phra Singh Buddhist Temple v) Huay Tung Tao Lake vi) Chiang Mai Night Bazaar vii) Doi Inthanon Summit & National Park
- Chiang Dao: i) One Day Trip Itinerary ii) Chiang Dao Caves and Wat Tham Cave Temple iii) Wat Tham Pha Plong – 510 Steps Buddhist Mountain Temple iv) Chiang Dao Hot Springs v) Tuesday Market vi) Stay at a farm – Doo Dao Daoi Farm Stay
- Chiang Dao/Chiang Mai to Pai: i) 762 Curves Motorbike Ride ii) Bua Tong Sticky Waterfalls iii) Mork Fa Waterfall
- Pai: i) One Day Trip Itinerary ii) Pai Night Market Walking Street iii) Yun Lai Sunrise Viewpoint at Ban Santichon Chinese Village iv) Mor Paeng Waterfall
- Pai to Sop Pong (Tham Lod caves): i) Pai to Sop Pong Bike Drive
- Sop Pong: i) Tham Lod Caves ii) Natural Trails of Tham Lot, Sop Pong
- Sop Pong (Tham Lod Caves) to Mae Aw: i) Tham Lod Caves to Ban Rak Thai (Mae Aw) Bike Drive
- Mae Hong Son: i) Top Offbeat Things to do ii) Ban Rak Thai (Mae Aw) Chinese Village iii) Pang Ung Lake iv) Thung Bua Tong Sunflower fields v) Get your Mae Hong Son Loop Certificate
- Doi Inthanon National Park: i) One Day Trip Itinerary ii) Royal Chedis – King and Queen Pagodas iii) Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail iv) Ang Ka Luang Natural Trail
Thailand Hotel Booking
Booking.com is the best option to book your accommodation in Thailand. Most of the hotels, farm-stays and even camping sites prefer to list on booking.com. Click here to book your Thailand hotel or search below –
Thailand Travel Guide
Though all the information is easily available online but we still prefer to plan our trips with a physical copy of travel guide. It is easy to flip and go through all the information at one place. Also, in case, you happen to have no internet at some of the interior places, a physical guide copy always comes handy.
We hope this information helps you plan your Thailand Trip better. Please feel free to drop a comment in case you have any queries.