Please note that this blog is only about applying your Vietnam Visa from India through Vietnam Embassy or VFS Global Centers. If you want to know more about all Visa Application processes for Vietnam, you may read our blog here – Vietnam Visa – Types, Fees & How to Apply
Vietnam Visa – 3 Different Ways to Get Your Visa
There are 3 ways that one can apply and get Vietnam Visa. We are listing all three processes below while also putting our Priority Ranking. You may select the one that suits your travel requirements best. In case, you want to read in detail about all processes (along with comparison across three processes, you can read our detailed blog here – Vietnam Visa – Types, Fees & How to Apply
- Apply for Vietnam E-Visa Online (Preference 1) – This is the easiest way to get Vietnam Visa for Indians. Not only for Indians but for citizens of all 46 Eligible countries. You only need to apply online directly on Vietnam Immigration Official Government Website and get your E-Visa over email in 3 working days. If you are looking for 30 days Single Entry Vietnam Visa, please go for it without second thought. (Read more – How to Apply for Vietnam E-Visa from Official Government Website)
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival (Preference 2) – To get Vietnam Visa on Arrival, one has to go through 2 step process i) Get a Visa Approval Letter through a Private Agency ($6 to $50 – Depends on Agency and how fast you want your letter) ii) Get your Visa Stamp on Arrival in Vietnam ($25 -$50 – Depends on Single/Multi Entry Visa). This Visa on Arrival is useful in case you are looking for Multi Entry or >30 days Vietnam Visa. (Read more – Vietnam Visa on Arrival – How to Apply, Fees and Requirements)
- Apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate (Preference 3) – You can apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your country only. This process is effort intensive with fees is higher compared to both Visa on Arrival and E-Visa processes and we suggest to apply for your Vietnam Visa through Embassy ONLY IF E-Visa or Visa on Arrival do not serve your travel needs. We have covered the process of applying Vietnam Visa from India at VFS Global Bangalore in this blog.
In this blog, we have covered only first of 3 processes – Applying Vietnam Visa from India through Thai Embassy/ Consulate or VFS Global Centers. In case, you want details about all above processes, we have written a separate detailed blog to help you – Vietnam Visa – Types, Fees & How to Apply
Where can you apply for Vietnam Visa from India?
You can apply for your Vietnam Visa from India at Vietnam Embassy Delhi or Vietnam Consulate General in Mumbai. In case, you are based in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai Gurgaon and Jalandhar, you can apply for Vietnam Visa at VFS Global Centers. Applications submitted with VFS Global are assessed by The Vietnam Embassy in New Delhi. You can find nearest VFS Global Center for Vietnam Visa Application here. (Helpline Numbers – Bangalore: 080-46308904 Chennai: +917538804147 Hyderabad: 040- 23384448 / 7569417025)
Here are the details of Vietnam Embassy (Delhi) and Consulate General (Mumbai) –
Embassy of Vietnam (New Delhi)
Consulate Generate of Vietnam (Mumbai)
Address: Powai Plaza, Central Ave, Hiranandani Gardens, Sainath Nagar, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076 Phone: (91) 022 2570 2033 Email: email@example.com
What kind of Vietnam Visa can you apply at VFS Global Centers?
You can apply for following Visas at VFS Global Centers –
- Tourist Visas: 30 Days – Only Single Entry
- Business Visas: 1 year to 5 years – Both Single and Multiple Entry Visas
As of now, Tourist Multiple Entry Visas are not issued by VFS Global. In case, you need a longer duration and multi-Entry Visa, you can opt for Visa on Arrival (Read more: Vietnam Visa on Arrival – How to Apply, Fees and Requirements ) or can apply directly at Vietnam Embassy Delhi or Vietnam Consulate General in Mumbai.
We have covered only Vietnam Tourist Visa details in this blog. In case you are looking for Vietnam Business Visa – you can get all details here at VFS Global website.
Documents for applying Vietnam Visa at VFS Global Bangalore
You require following documents to apply for Vietnam Visa at VFS Global Centers. These will remain the same even if you are applying at Vietnam Embassy New Delhi or Vietnam Consulate General at Mumbai –
- Original Passport with at least with one blank page – Minimum of 30 days validity from the date of travel to Vietnam
- Vietnam Visa Application Form: Please Download here and fill up the same.
- 1 photograph (size 4×6 cm – clear photos with any color background is acceptable
- Copy of front and last page of the passport
- To and fro Air Ticket for your Vietnam trip
- Bank Statement for last 3 months (Attested by your Bank) – Evidence showing that you have enough financial sources for your travel (at least USD 1,000)
Post submission of your docs, you can track your application status here.
Vietnam Visa Fees for Application at VFS Global Centers
Below are the Visa processing Fee and Service Fee charged by VFS Global for Vietnam Tourist Visa.
|Visa Fee||Processing Fee|
|Tourist (Single Entry for 30 Days)||INR 4400||INR 525|
|Tourist Express Service (Single Entry for 30 Days)||INR 4600||INR 525|
This fee of applying your Vietnam Visa at Embassy/VFS Global is far higher compared to Vietnam E-Visa Fee. Vietnam E-Visa is also valid for 30 days single Entry and fee is only $25 (almost half of applying with Embassy) and you can apply for E-Visa easily online from the comfort of your home only. (Read more – Hot to Get Vietnam E-Visa from Official Government Website )
Vietnam Visa Processing Time at Vietnam Embassy and VFS Global
- VFS Global – Processing time for a normal tourist visa is 5 days and for tourist visa (express) the processing time is 4 days.
- Vietnam Embassy – Processing time takes from 6 to 7 days.
You can collect your Passport and Visa from the same place where you had applied. VFS Global also offers Vietnam Visa Application through Courier and you may find more details here.
Should you apply for Vietnam Visa at VFS Global Centers/Vietnam Embassy?
You can apply for your Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy Delhi/Consulate General Mumbai or VFS Centers (Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Gurugram and Jalandhar) for following reasons –
- You are travelling to Vietnam through land or Cruise and not taking a flight, thus Visa on Arrival can not be used.
- You need a Business Visa for travel to Vietnam
We do not suggest to apply for Vietnam Tourist Visa through Embassy/ VFS Global Centers because charges are far higher than Visa on Arrival and E-Visa and you have to put a lot of efforts in visiting Visa Centers, submitting your application and finally collection your Visa/Passport.
Here is the best way of Visa Application to Vietnam. In case, below scenarios do not fit your travel requirements, you may apply for Vietnam Visa at VFS Centers or at Vietnam Embassy.
- Multi Entry (up to 90 days) – Apply for Vietnam Visa on Arrival. Please note that your first Entry should be through a flight as Vietnam Visa on Arrival is issued only at international airports of Vietnam. Charges are far lower compared to application at VFS or Embassy. Read more here – Vietnam Visa on Arrival – How to Apply, Fees and Requirements
- Single Entry (up to 30 days) – Apply for Vietnam E-Visa without second thought. Process is online and pretty simple and you get your Visa in your inbox in 3 days by paying only $25 online. Read more here – Hot to Get Vietnam E-Visa from Official Government Website
Hope this helps you plan your Vietnam Trip better and also get your Vietnam Visa from India smoothly. Please write to us in case you need any more inputs or want us to add more for our fellow travellers.